Friday 17 February 2012

I'm back at last!

Everything seemed to have conspired against me blogging - no internet and broken computer and phone.  However everything is sorted now so I'm back - and I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Firstly, Being Creative - November and December.  Too late now really but I did take part so I am going to post them here and onto the Flickr group.

The theme for November was vintage.  I want to make a picture for our newly decorated room so decided to try out a small version first.


I divided a small canvas into squares with string, covered everything with newspaper and inks then used bits of all kinds of everything to make little square collages - scraps of pretty paper, leftover fabrics, vintage stamps, book pages and buttons, a rusty washer, stamped images.



I like how it has turned out and I think it will go really well in the room.  So now I am going to work on a much larger version.

The December theme was Winter.  I have been making quite a few baby hats lately, so I thought that this snowy white one would fit the theme well.


That's all for now, but I will defiantly be blogging again very soon - lots of projects to share!

3 comments:

  1. Great to have your colourful posts back Donna. Love your vintage montage, so much to look at...
    cool wintery hat and mitts too.
    Looking forward to seeing your other projects...
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage canvas, it's so colourful and textured!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I really like this, what a good idea... I have so many bits and pieces I have collected, this would be a great project to put them all to use and make them visable, instead of hidden in boxes and jars! Can't wait to see what you're up to next! :)))

    ReplyDelete